There are many types of acne you can have. That is why it is so difficult to treat acne. The very first thing to know when trying to cure your acne is the type of acne that you actually have. This is very important in diagnosing because it gives insight into what may have actually caused the acne outbreak. Once you know exactly what it is that triggers the acne, you have an advantage on either preventing it, or effectively treating it if it occurs again in future. There are several causes of acne and many of those may surprise you.
Use this list below to discover what causes your acne. Many people would likely be surprised to learn that acne is not caused by stress, as they may think, but more likely can be attributed to their fancy new perfume or cologne. 1. Adult acne can be caused by a hormonal imbalances, pollution, medications, or stress to name a few.
Studies have shown a direct correlation between hormonal imbalances and outbreaks of acne in women ranging in age from 30 to 40 years. 2. Acne Conglobata can cause serious scarring on the face and back and it is usually attributed to hereditary factors. Unfortunately, there's not a lot that can be done here.
3. Acne Cosmetic is just what it sounds like. It is the outbreak of acne due to the aggravation of the skin and pores caused by the active ingredients contained in the cosmetics that you wear. 4. Acne Detergens is the result of the use of soaps and cleaners that cause an irritating effect on the skin.
5. Acne Fulminans is a very serious form of acne that can accompany a fever and body aches. This acne is predominantly found amongst males and it includes the abrupt onset of acne, severe scarring, fever, loss of appetite and a high white blood cell count. 6. Acne Excoriee is actually brought about by the constant picking of the pimples on the face and body.
This, perhaps more than all the other symptoms, can and should be avoided. 7. Acne Mallorca is brought on by exposure to sunlight.
8. Acne Keloidalis is common among people of African descent. It usually flares up in and around the neck area.
9. Acne mechanica is caused by materials and fabrics such as clothing and purse straps that chafe against bare skin. 10 .
Acne Medicametosa is a side effect of certain medications which include oral contraceptives and over the counter drugs that contain potassium iodide, chlorine and bromide. 11. Acne Pomade is commonly caused by the use of oils found in hair care products. The oil migrates from the hair to the forehead, where it can clog pores and cause acne.
12. Acne Neonatorum is acne that affects infants. It is transferred by way of hormones from the mother to the child.
There are many types of acne. It is best that you find the cause of your outbreak and take specific steps to eliminate the cause. In some cases, it could be as simple as avoiding to touch your face when your fingers are dirty. Talk to your doctor or dermatologist when in doubt.
Let them help you determine the cause.
For more information on How To Get Rid Of Acne And Blemishes and other skin care related matters, please visit Skin Care And Acne Resources